Who Are YOU Trying to Please?



I’m a pretty self-conscious runner. In fact, I don’t even like saying THAT because I am NOT a runner. Every time I do run, I’m extremely aware of what people are thinking about me. And we all know, that if we’re too busy looking around to see what people are thinking about us while we run, we are sure to trip up every time. But if we are too worried and thinking about what people who are watching us run are thinking, we will fail to run a good race.

“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, 
but only one receives the prize? 
So run that you may obtain it.” 
1 Corinthians 9:24

Pleasing man has been tripping people up for centuries! The Pharisees were famous for doing it. 

“…for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.” John 12:43

Jesus’ disciple Peter did it, Martha did it, Hannah did it, Job did it, and countless others including ourselves do it. When we seek to please men or earn their praise, we trip up and stumble. . .

Homemakers Challenge

I'm excited to be guest writing for Homemaker's Challenge today! So if you would like to read the rest of this post - head on over and check it out!

In HIS Grip,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!