God is Good! ALL the time!

Thankfulness definitely needs to be the top thought of the day! Wouldn't you agree? I know God would!

There are 134 Bible (ESV) verses containing a form of the word "thanks."

There are 42 verses containing "thanksgiving."

There are 2 verses containing "thankfulness."

There is one verse containing "thankful."

One of my favorite thankful verses is
1 Chronicles 16:34
"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"

HE IS GOOD! ALL THE TIME!!
Many of my friends use that phrase a lot when something wonderful happens to them. They were saved in a car accident, their child learned how to go to the bathroom, their test at school went well. Their response? God is soooo good to me! It's true, God is good to them, but I have to bite my tongue from throwing it out there that if those good things had gone the other way, GOD WOULD STILL BE GOOD! Some of you may be wondering why I bite my tongue. The reason is that usually my heart is not in a position of humbleness or desiring the best for the person who said it. Usually when I think those thoughts it comes from a desire to be a bastion for truth! But today I want to thank God for the many blessings God has given me. The good AND the bad, the tough, and the not understood. I'm thankful because I know that God's plan has trials along my path and He has chosen me for my special journey. I'm thankful for that knowledge! It is sooo precious to me. So that's what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving - everything because all things fit into God's plan! And He is much much more wise than I.



Have a very happy and thankful THANKSGIVING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!