"Elizabeth Prentiss: More Love to Thee"

I am reading this book and I am completely blown away at how God is using it in my life. It's about the woman who wrote the hymn "More Love to Thee" and other books and poems. She lived in the 1800's and her thoughts about being married, being a mother, and being in ministry alongside her husband are so similar to mine it's amazing. I just finished the part of how she lost 2 of her 3 children within months of each other. Her attitude is so similar to mine when I lost my unborn child. The fear, pain and questions are so alike I find so much comfort in knowing that I am not the only one to feel these things. I have never been one to find biographies very interesting but I was challenged to read good books and this was one of my first choices. I am so glad it was - God is so good in directing me to it - I know it was Him what else could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!