Organize Your Year: Card Writing

I was in trouble. I had FORGOTTEN my father-in-law's birthday. Do you have any idea how much that bothered me! I really had no excuse - I just simply forgot and my hubbie was blamed. Of course I know he forgot too but really it's somewhat my role to remember those things for him! Sigh.

I needed to do something but I was lost. As a Pastor's wife, it's somewhat important to give birthday cards and anniversary cards to the people in your church. Now I know, I don't HAVE to do everything as a Pastor's wife but when you are in a small church of less than 30, I really feel as though this is something I should make a priority!

Since being here I have to say that I have neglected a few people's birthdays in our church but I've been saved by the thrift store!! I found THIS for $0.99! Can't beat that!


If I had known about this idea, I probably could have made my own or purchased one at this site that I found.

Here is how the system works! Each page has a pocket. One pocket for each month and on the pocket is a number for each day of the month (29, 30, or 31 days). You write the name of the person who is having a birthday, anniversary, or the anniversary of a miscarriage or death of a spouse, really anything that you want to send a card for on a yearly basis on the date corresponding to the event. 


This is how you carry it out - okay this is how I am going to carry it out because I struggle SOOO much in this area! 

1. Buy cards or make cards for EVERY event that I want to send a card out for.
2. Write the name on the envelope and "Dear. . ." inside the card. Leave the writing of the message inside for just before sending it out.
3. Tuck the card with the envelope in the corresponding pocket.
4. Every week or every time I go to the post office, check to see if something needs to be mailed out!
5. NEVER FORGET A BIRTHDAY AGAIN! I hope. 

If I had not found this genius system I completely would have made one with a three-ring binder and cardstock for pockets. It would be pretty easy! If you decide to or have already made one, tell me about it! Put a link in the comments to your own blog post about it! 

For the other parts in the series: 

Organize Your Year: Bible Reading

Don't forget to enter the Giveaway for this series! It ends on Friday! 


In HIS grip,                


I am linked up with: 

Growing Home



    

5 comments:

  1. That is a terrific idea! I am the absolute worst at remembering birthdays! I need a system like this. Thanks so much for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! The only way I remember birthdays anymore is by my trusty calendar. ;0) {And I didn't say, I ALWAYS get my cards mailed out!} :bashful grin:

    Much Love & Blessings,
    ESTHER
    www.oursimplecountrylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I do have my own system, but this one makes it more fun and memorable, instead of a chore that needs to be marked off. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a nice idea! I used to love stamping my own card. I would have a bit of a stash but then I'd forget to send them. Eventually I just stopped making them. Partly because, Why bother if I never sent them anyway! I think I will do this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea. I have a little card organizer as well as a calendar, but they are not married to each other and so neither one ends up being a reliable system on their own. Thanks!

    Tauna

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!