Freezer Paper Stenciling

So I tried a new project! I'm pretty excited about this too! I tried freezer paper stenciling! First I bought a T-shirt and freezer paper - which came in a HUGE box - I've got enough to stencil THOUSANDS of T-shirts! ha ha! It was $5.77 and I bought some paintbrushes - which I had to laugh at myself because if you read this post where I painted the castle, I just used what I had which was a pretty poor selection! But now I have tons of paintbrushes which cost about $5.50. If I had figured out doing these projects in such close proximity to each other I could have used NICE paintbrushes for both projects but alas! I was not that organized! GASP!

Anywho. . .

I already had fabric paint, an exacto knife, cutting board and an iron so I was set to go! First I printed out my design on regular computer paper. Then I put it underneath a piece of Freezer paper and cut out the design using the knife. This was the most challenging of the whole project but it still only took about 15 minutes to do.


Then I trucked on down to my ironing board and cool! It sealed right to the shirt! It was really neat!


Make sure to keep the inside pieces of your design! Iron them on separately so you get them positioned just right!


After I got it sealed I painted fabric paint across the stencil. I used strokes starting on the paper and moving onto the shirt so paint wouldn't loosen the seal or get under the paper. I had no real trouble with it though! Unfortunately this is where the pictures stop! I forgot to take a picture of the finished project because I already gave it to Nana for Mother's Day! Bummer! But I have to tell you that it looked amazing! My hubbie said that it looks as though I bought it that way! Yay! Can't beat that! If you want to see a video of how to do it or more pictures of finished freezer paper stenciling check out this blog! Soo. . . all in all the project cost me almost $17 (Yikes!) BUT!!! If I ever want to do it again, which I DO!!! All I will need to do is buy the shirt! Or do a shirt I already own. . . Hmmm. . . that's a cool idea! Let me know if you have done this before and what you made or if you're going to go buy a mega roll of freezer paper too!
post signature
This blog is linked up with. . .

          Raising Homemakers

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this for a long time. You explained it better than the last site I saw about it. I'm sure Nana loved her shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant work.... your blog is interesting what a excellent thought i like it your performance. Thank lot a sharing...

    Freezers

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!