A Story of My Love Affair with Sleep

Sleep - oh how I miss you, we used to be so close and comfortable together but now - everything has changed. I know, I know, I gave birth to two beautiful children both who seemed to want to pull us apart several times a night for the last 2 and a half years. I love them more than you, I confess, I was and still am willing to give up my relationship with you, sleep. But now, my children no longer need me in the wee hours of the morning or the early hours of the night. I can spend more time with you! Even a full 8 hours straight if need be. Will you please, please come back to me? Wrap me up in your care and hold me firmly until the time when wakefulness parts us. I think you may have deserted me - I try to come to you over and over but you let me rest in your care for a short time and then I am pushed away. Can it ever go back to the way things were? Oh sleep, precious sleep, I miss you. Please don't try to escape me - I need you!

So can you tell I'm sleep deprived?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!