We LOVE Christmas here at our house! We usually start listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving even gets here and our tree(s) go up the day after Thanksgiving!!
We always make gifts for neighbors and friends. Sometimes we make Christmas ornaments. Sometimes we make fudge and Christmas candy.
There really are so many things you can do to remember that Jesus is the reason for Christmas, but our favorite thing that we do at our house to celebrate Jesus' birthday is throw Him a Birthday party complete with balloons! After we eat our Christmas dinner, the kids sing "Happy Birthday" and blow out the candles on His cake. We eat homemade ice cream for dessert along with the Birthday cake.
You see, I tell my children that Jesus wants them to obey, to be respectful, to do His will for their lives every day and to praise His name. These are all gifts the Bible speaks of. God loves it when we offer him praise and obedience.
- reading God's Word every day (depends on the age of the child)
- memorizing a certain amount of Bible verses
- learning to sing a certain song or 2 to sing in church
- learning to play the piano or anything that can be used to do God's work
- learning to be kind or work on a character trait that that specific child needs to work on
- learning to love others the way Jesus loves them
- learning to tell others about Jesus and how they can go to Heaven
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!!!
~ Angela ~
Angela and her husband met at Bible College. They married and have been in the ministry for the past 10 years. They have 3 beautiful girls and 1 handsome little man. Angela's goal is to encourage as many ladies as she can to be the best wives, mothers, daughter, sisters and friends that they can be! You can find her at her blog Hidden Treasures!