I have a heart for women in ministry. As a Pastor's wife and a Pastor's kid, I understand the challenges of being a woman in the ministry but I also understand that we are a lot more "normal" than other women might think. We struggle with the same things that other women do - but we often feel as though we cannot share those burdens like other women can. We feel as though everyone is watching and holding us to a higher standard because our husband is the pastor. Maybe they are watching and maybe they aren't. We feel as though we are fish living in a fishbowl and we never know when someone is watching.
With that in mind, if you are a ministry woman - a pastor's wife, youth pastor's wife, evangelist's wife, music ministry wife, or another kind of ministry wife, I want to hear from YOU! I want to hear about your "fishbowl!" There are two different ways to do this.
- Submit a post via email at Ann@StringerMama.com. Posts can be anywhere from 300-600 words. I may or may not chose to publish it but I will let you know!
- Answer a few of these questions interview style:
- When you discovered that you were going to become a ministry wife, what was your response?
- When you first became a ministry wife what surprised you the most?
- What do you love about being a ministry wife?
- What is the hardest thing about being a ministry wife?
- How has your life changed since being a ministry wife?
- How has being a ministry family affected your children?
- Is it easier or harder to grow in your spiritual walk with God as a ministry wife?
- What is the biggest challenge that you face as a ministry wife?
- What perceptions/standards do you think people have about ministry families?
- How do you and your family measure up to the perceptions people have about ministry families?
- How has your relationship with your husband been affected by ministry?
- If you were forced to but could choose any other job/position to replace being a ministry wife what would it be? (Motherhood does not count!)
One of the biggest requirements I have before submitting a guest post is prayer! PLEASE, PLEASE pray about what God would have you write and if you feel as though God has really really laid this on your heart, please let me know! Some of my best posts that I have written have not been from me, but from what God laid on my heart.
In HIS Grip,