Here's another list of a "Few of My Faves!" Have you ever been caught by your kids to read these books to your kids and you are just reading and reading and they are having a blast and asking for more and more and more until you can't take it anymore? Well here are some books that I LOVE to read to them and every time they bring one of these books to me, I can't RESIST sitting down and having some book time!
2. "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel" by Virginia Lee Burton - this is such a fun book about an old steam shovel that is challenged to dig a basement for the town hall and people come to watch and the more people that watch the faster she digs. Great opportunity for voice animations! Not just for boys since the steam shovel is named Mary Anne!
3. "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle - Love this book about a caterpillar who overeats and feels sick until he eats his "veggies!" Very fun!
4. "God Gave Us You" by Lisa Tawn Bergren - I love this book because it is such a beautiful way to tell your child where they came from and how much their mommy and daddy love them. Grab some tissues if you're prone to tears like I am!
5. "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch - This book goes through the life of a little boy and his mom and how his mom will always love him no matter what happens. Another MAJOR tear-jerker for mommy but such a great reminder in those mommy tough days!
6. "The Little Engine That Could" by Watty Piper - How can I NOT include this one! My kids LOVE this book and it's fun to read too! I've heard there is a movie based on this book but how can it possibly compete with the book?
7. "The Jolly Postman or Other People's Letters" by Janet and Allan Ahlberg - This book is fun because its DIFFERENT! Each page holds a letter for a different fairy tale. For example there is a letter for the Big Bad Wolf about the Grandma pressing charges so he will get out of her house, or a postcard from Jack to the Giant about the great time he's having with the goose that lays the golden eggs. Very fun!
8. "The Best Loved Doll" by Rebecca Caudill - This book is simply precious! Little girls everywhere should have this book! It's about a little girl who has several dolls and has to choose between her dolls and chooses her old and broken but favorite doll.
So there you are! Few of My Faves! Now it's your turn to link up your list of FAVES!!! Once again it can be any of your favorite ANYTHINGS! Just make sure you link your post back to mine! Thanks and have fun!