Few of My Faves: Books I ENJOY Reading to My Kids

Here's another list of a "Few of My Faves!" Have you ever been caught by your kids to read these books to your kids and you are just reading and reading and they are having a blast and asking for more and more and more until you can't take it anymore? Well here are some books that I LOVE to read to them and every time they bring one of these books to me, I can't RESIST sitting down and having some book time!

1. "The Monster at the End of This Book" by Jon Stone - this is a Little Golden Book that I read when I was a little girl with my mom and she read it in such an animated voice that I always was put into a FIT of giggles! And now my kids giggle the same way! LOVE it! It's about Grover who is afraid of the monster at the end of the book and tries to get you to not turn any more pages by tying them down, building walls, etc. to keep from getting to the end of the book!

2. "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel" by Virginia Lee Burton - this is such a fun book about an old steam shovel that is challenged to dig a basement for the town hall and people come to watch and the more people that watch the faster she digs. Great opportunity for voice animations! Not just for boys since the steam shovel is named Mary Anne!

3. "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle - Love this book about a caterpillar who overeats and feels sick until he eats his "veggies!" Very fun!

4. "God Gave Us You" by Lisa Tawn Bergren - I love this book because it is such a beautiful way to tell your child where they came from and how much their mommy and daddy love them. Grab some tissues if you're prone to tears like I am!

5. "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch - This book goes through the life of a little boy and his mom and how his mom will always love him no matter what happens. Another MAJOR tear-jerker for mommy but such a great reminder in those mommy tough days!

6. "The Little Engine That Could" by Watty Piper - How can I NOT include this one! My kids LOVE this book and it's fun to read too! I've heard there is a movie based on this book but how can it possibly compete with the book?

7. "The Jolly Postman or Other People's Letters" by Janet and Allan Ahlberg - This book is fun because its DIFFERENT! Each page holds a letter for a different fairy tale. For example there is a letter for the Big Bad Wolf about the Grandma pressing charges so he will get out of her house, or a postcard from Jack to the Giant about the great time he's having with the goose that lays the golden eggs. Very fun!


8. "The Best Loved Doll" by Rebecca Caudill - This book is simply precious! Little girls everywhere should have this book! It's about a little girl who has several dolls and has to choose between her dolls and chooses her old and broken but favorite doll.

So there you are! Few of My Faves! Now it's your turn to link up your list of FAVES!!! Once again it can be any of your favorite ANYTHINGS! Just make sure you link your post back to mine! Thanks and have fun!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I have the monster at the end of this book! Its probably the cutiest book ever! ;)

    I may have to get the last book for my daughter!

    I love reading to my children..its so fun and cozy. We love to point things out of the pictures and I am excited to take a picnic and books..lazzy summer days! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children have a reward jar for chores and manners, their prize this week was any book at the used bookstore, yay!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!