Come Tour My Kitchen!

I remember when I was a teenager I wanted a yellow kitchen. I wanted it decorated with sunflowers. AND I DEFINITELY despised blue kitchens. They were EVERYWHERE! Everyone had a blue kitchen! Nobody had a yellow kitchen decorated with sunflowers. Oh boy talk about gag me now! Well guess what. I now have a blue kitchen! And I LOVE it!!!

I worked several hours over the last couple of days alongside my hubby and we painted our kitchen a light cream color. I was really struggling with how exactly I wanted to do it but I wanted a navy blue border of some kind through my kitchen. I thought I would paint the fruits of the spirit or maybe the Love Chapter or something but I couldn't really land on anything and I kept searching the internet and kept hearing people talk about how LONG it took to paint words. Then I remembered it. I had a foam stamp that I really liked. Done. I tried it, liked it, and I attacked my kitchen with a vengeance! Here are the before before pictures! I say that because this is before we even moved into our home!



It's a little difficult to see but the before color is a creamy beigey pinky color. Notice the white curtains and a small round table and you can't see the fridge but it's beside the table.

Now here are the AFTER pictures!


Here you can see my valances that I made. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted without selling my children (just kidding! but I think curtains are ridiculously overpriced!) so I made my own. I had all 3 of these whipped up in about an hour and a half. AND the thick canvas material for all three of them only cost me about $10. They should last FOREVER! Sweet!


So what do you think? Do you like it? I LOVE it! Before I put up my pictures and decor it looked a little restauranty but now I LOVE it! Here's how I did the border . . .


After a little trial and error I used a small roller to roll the paint onto the stamp so it would be evenly painted and not globby or thin in spots. My hubbie drew a guideline along the wall in pencil. I've done that before and never had trouble but apparently this pencil was evil. It refused to simply erase so I had to paint over it. THEN it BLED thru the paint!!! So I painted over it again. Sooo I have no solution of what to use as a guideline but let me know if you have a better idea!


Here it is on the wall! It looks much better in person as a whole then each separate stamp but you get the idea! The actual stamping without interruptions maybe took about an hour. With interruptions and with the dumb pencil problem about 5 hours but oh well!

So there's the first room you get to see of our new home! Next will be my son's car themed room which is SOOO adorable if I do say so myself which I can since I didn't do very much of it myself!

Don't forget to link up with your very own list of Faves! Visit my own Few of My Faves for today to link up!

post signature

I'm linked up with



Domestically Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!