Grandpa Dale's Pickles

This is my Grandpa Dale's amazing Bread and Butter pickle recipe. This is a special recipe to me because my Grandpa died when my mom was 16 and I never got the chance to meet him. But through my mom I've heard many fun stories that give me an idea of who he was. Below is his recipe for Crisp Bread and Butter Pickles. 

Sliced Cucumbers
Sliced Onions
Green Peppers
Salt
Cloves of Garlic

Prepare and slice all of these ingredients and let soak in water for three hours.


Drain. 
Put in a big stock pot and add the mix below.

Sugar
Tumeric
Mustard Seed
Celery Seed
Vinegar

Heat to boiling - mixture will not cover the pickles but the pickles will cook down eventually til they are covered. As soon as it boils spoon into hot and clean canning jars and put lids and rings on them and process in a canner for 15 minutes after the water starts boiling. Remove from canner and let cool. Make sure the lids seal then ENJOY!!! 


Now you may see I don't provide the amounts to the ingredients. That's because I don't want Grandpa's recipe to get lost on the world wide web. But I'm more than happy to share! If you are a follower on the right, click on the contact me tab at the top of my page and simply ask me for the complete recipe. If you're not a follower simply follow first then contact me! I LOVE these pickles and I know you will too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing and encouragement to me! If you have a question or comment that you would like to ask, feel free to comment below or email me at Ann@StringerMama.com! I look forward to hearing from you!